Wednesday, April 1, 2009

It's Gotten Out of Hand

The post immediately below this one, "Trickle Down Taxes" is a re-write of a letter I sent in to Newsday a couple of days ago. In it I complain that the new Albany budget is a poorly disguised tax increase on individuals such as you and me. When it did not receive a reply from the paper I felt that they either did not think it worthy of print or perhaps someone else had written it first and had won a place in the editorials.
Bingo!
Wednesday's editorial by Newsday itself was on the same topic and even used my complaint almost as offered.
Naturally I was not the only one to come up with the thoughts therein and also naturally I cannot expect to have everything I write be printed so I am not terribly upset. But I am happy to see the statement made.

Every tax proposed by our current idiot in Albany is an increase of our taxes!

Our government, local as well is out of control and I see no way out this side of rebellion.

Every day another scheme to bilk the middle class is unveiled.

For example - Suozzi hiring retired police officers who are already receiving obscene pensions to act as his personal chauffers when there are plenty of people out of work who cannot make ends meet as it is. They do not have pensions and would jump a the chance for a real job. I won't even mention the fact that those officers are receiving their pensions and also being paid by out taxes to do the driving. Oops, I guess I did mention it.
(I don't want to list all the wrongdoing because there is not enough room on the internet for that but read your papers. Google Islip's public works commissioner, Lapham for another one who was caught and had to resign. Sonny and Cher anyone? - "And the beat goes on.")

Every day another politician admits to or his found to have committed wrong doing.

Kansas Governor Sebelius is the latest holier than thou hypocrite to pay over $7,000 in back taxes. This criminal is now paying her fair share (and even that is debatable) because President Obama chose her to head the Dept. of Health and Human Services. She is thus added to the growing list of outed scofflaws currently being paid enormous amounts of tax payer dollars to govern our country.

Washington is now synonymous with that biblical town admonished about throwing stones. None of them appears to be without sin.
They also bring to mind Casey Stengel's feelings about the New York Mets way back in the 60's when he lamented, "Doesn't anyone here know how to play this game?"
Unfortunately it appears that everyone in our government knows how to play the game. The problem is the game is fixed an we are the Washington Generals to their Harlem Globetrotters!

At this point I have no idea when or even if all the problems can be fixed. It should be obvious to anyone interested in the truth that the cards are stacked and we are not the dealers. The only thing that I can say with certainty is that until arthritis completely claims my hands I will continue to rant and hope someone is reading.

No comments: