Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Change of Heart

I spoke too soon yesterday and without all the facts. I am so sorry that I impugned the honor of our great Rep. Gary Ackerman. He has set me straight by explaining why he needs more of our money.


It did my heart good to see the smiling face of Rep. Gary Ackerman as he accepted the pay raise he says he so richly deserves. It lifted my spirits because I had just come home from the unemployment office where so many of my fellow Long Islanders were not smiling.

It is nice to know that our tax dollars paid for his vacation, I mean ‘fact finding’ trip to Israel where he must believe he will find a solution to our problems here in New York.


Thank goodness the ‘red-eye’ flight home allowed him enough time to attend to the boring matters of congress such as the Madoff alleged Ponzi scheme hearings. I trust he slept well and was able to contribute commentary to the congressional committee.


Mr. Ackerman further hinted that his salary was still not sufficient due to the enormous amount of unpaid overtime he and his fellow governmental leaders put in.


I believe we should thank him for his past service and suggest that he start taking it easy from now on. It is time for you to relax Mr. Ackerman. Please enjoy your retirement and your wonderful pension. It's on us.

No comments: