All or most strenuously resisted by conservatives & many Republicans.
- Interstate Highway System
It wasn't Ike's idea. It was a liberal initiative begun in the '30s. Ike was a liberal.
- Almost all of our Labor Laws (and All Child Labor laws)
- The Marshall Plan
- Environmental Laws
- Freedom of Information Act
- Workplace safety laws
- Social Security
- The Space Program
- Securities Act of 1933 & Most banking Regulations
- The Peace Corps
- Volunteers in Service to America (VISTA)
- The Civil rights movement
- Fight against Nazis, Fascism and Totalitarianism
Wilson, FDR ,Truman, Eisenhower, Kennedy. All liberals
- The Development and Deployment for the Internet (DARPA/HPCA)
- The Tennessee Valley project
- Women's right to vote
- Universal Public Education
- National Weather Service
- National Science Foundation/Basic Scientific Research
- Product Labeling/Truth in Advertising Laws
- Public Health Service and CDC
- Morrill Land Grant Act (land for State public Universities)
- Rural Electrification
- Public Universities
- Bank Deposit Insurance
- Earned Income Tax Credit
- Family and Medical Leave Act
- Consumer Product Safety Commission
- Public Broadcasting
- Hoover Dam
- Pell Grants
- Americans With Disabilities Act
- State Children's Health Insurance Program (SCHIP)
- Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010 – New (March 25th, 2010)
Now the Republic Rebuttal:
1. It's okay but we prefer to fly around in our private jets
2. Hate it!
3. That has something to do with war? LOVE IT!
4. Bad for business! Stupid laws. Hurts job creation.
5. Jury is out on this one.
6. Ditto "4."
7. Hated it then, hate it now! Privatize the damn thing!
8. If it could be used for defense okay otherwise scrap it!
9. Stifling crap! Should have been repealed long ago.
10. Lilly livered do-gooders wasting money on aliens!
11. Depends on the service but mostly a waste.
12. Hate it! Just look at the White House for GOD sake!
13. War is Hell & good for business! Especially ongoing ones.
14. Now that we figured out how to use it, it's okay
15. Ditto "4." Government growing too large!
16. AAAHHHH!! Only 1 group worse! (Was that out loud?)
17. Another wasteful government program.
18. Okay, we'll give you that one.
19. Just don't touch GOD's stem cells!
20. Hurts business, kills free enterprise! Caveat Emptor!
21. Public health? Enough already! Wasteful spending.
22. I reckon it worked out but still don't cotton to it!
23. Give you this one as long as we control the energy sales.
24. Hate it! Government controls too much! It's hard work!
25. Free insurance? What's this country coming to? Hate it.
26. Only good if it includes billionaires otherwise dump it.
27. This screws the hard working business owner - HATE IT!
28. ARE YOU KIDDING? OMG MY HEAD'S EXPLODING!
29. Hate it! Why the Hell do we need more than Fox News?
30. Okay I'll give you that one. But don't push it.
31. Socialism! Killing the government & wasting tax dollars.
32. Hate it! My chauffeur has to park too far away now!
33. Government interfering with parents! Pure & simple.
34. REPEAL OBAMACARE! REPEAL OBAMACARE! REPEAL!!
Somewhere along the way to a modern society we seem to have lost sight of a simple fact.
The greatness of a nation must be measured by how it treats and takes care of it's citizens.
Together we the citizens make up our society, the social order of our country.
We, the citizens elect officials to become our representatives working for the greater good.
Society comes from groups working together, helping one another toward common goals. We have already seen that a nation divided against itself cannot survive.
Socialism in and of itself is not bad nor should the word have the stigma that has been placed on it by the greedy self-serving few among us who have lost sight of our Nation's original and common goal.
They should reread the Constitution.
The original aim of our founding fathers was, among other things to create a more perfect union and promote the general welfare.
Those words form the foundation of socialism.
They are words to live by and we must not forget them.